We’re coming to the end of 2016. Let’s have a look at the top 5 hair styles that have been trending this year.
- The Pomp – This has been a hair style that has been heavily adopted in 2016. No longer reserved for the “happy days” fans.
- Caesar – This style has made it’s way through popularity over the years, although 2016 has seen this pop up a bit more than usual.
- Simple Casual – We’d say this has been a hair style that’s been around for a long time. In 2016 we’ve seen this pretty much stay the same.
- Short Back & Sides – 2016 has seen the short back and sides hairstyle take a much needed leap out from the shadows. A versatile hair style which has probably been one of the most popular this year.
- Slicked Back – We’d almost say this is a variant of the pomp, although some would disagree. The slicked back look is returning with a vengeance from the late 50’s straight into the 21st century. We see this becoming a more and more popular hair style in 2017 .
2016 has been a great year for hair styles. Although most seem like variants of one another, one would have to as what’s in store for us in 2017. We predict that the longer hair styles will probably lead the way and the shorter “caesar” like hair styles will probably become less and less frequently seen on the streets. So the big question is will the hair styles of 2016 push there way into 2017 or will we see a completely new type of hair style gracing our heads. Only time will tell.
Do you think we’ve missed some hair styles of 2016? Let us know in the comments below and dont forget to check us out on twitter, instagram and facebook and keep in the loop with everything from The Urban MANual.